Back in 2016 I was feeling a little left out since I had never been invited to any blog hops by other bloggers. It dawned on me, if I wasn’t being invited to the party, I had to host the party myself. I hosted my first tablescape blog hop! The table I styled for that was my Summer Beach Tablescape- I wanted so badly to style a pretty and unique table that those joining the hop would think was satisfactory for someone hosting a tablescape blog hop. I think my DIY seashell chargers and the neutral tone of this table was all it could be!
Tips & Must Haves When Starting Your Tableware Collection
- First, work with what you have!
- A set of good white dinner plates are a must.
- Get seasonal or trendy salad plates, as they can set the scene, without having to invest in complete sets.
- Solid color dinner plates can work with all kinds of different salad plates.
- Get sets of solid color linens, napkins and tablecloths.
- Invest in a good set of stainless flatware with a classic pattern, it can be used with a variety of table settings.
- I have been frugal from the beginning and other than two sets of good china that I previously owed, I primarily rely on Home Goods finds for several years.
- Don’t overlook thrift stores, and other places where you might find vintage tableware for less.
Thanks for stopping by! If you have any comments at all, I love hearing from you. Just send me a message, I read every single one of them.